Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Over the hump....I hope!

I think things are starting to settle back down over here.  This round of chemo was a little more rough on me than the others.  I don't know if it was the fact that I got a cold at the same time or that this is just my 4th round and it does get harder each time.  I wasn't out of bed much for a few days but Gregg and the boys sure helped me through it.  They really have been great, Gregg goes out of his way to let me rest and get me whatever I need; Sam is just always so sweet and thoughtful for example on Sunday he decided he was going to make me breakfast, lunch and dinner; and Isaac has just suddenly started talking up a storm, I just can't get enough of his sweet little voice.  It's amazing how these boys can come home and brighten my day even when I feel like crap!
Today, I was even able to go back to work.  This in itself was pretty amazing since I barely got out of bed yesterday.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr Yu, my alternative Dr.  I am scheduled to see him and get an IV Vitamin C treatment, which I think will be the trick to getting me back on track.
I have been getting the IV Vitamin C treatment once per week since I started chemo.  It really seems to help with my energy and fighting off colds, etc.  There is a lot of research into the good that these Vitamin C infusion can do in conjunction with chemo, but of course my oncologist is not a big fan (I guess its not part of her research).  This is just one of the little things my oncologist and I don't talk about anymore.  She herself said I couldn't have asked for much better results from my chemo so I really doubt it is hurting anything.  On top of that, it make me feel better and be able to keep up with my boys more, which is my main goal right now:)
I just feel like this is the piece oncology is missing right now.  We know how to kill off all of the bad cells but we have to kill off a lot of the good ones too in the process.  I just want to do anything I can to protect what good cells I can while I'm going through this.   Well I think I will step down from my soap box here but wanted everyone to know I think I am on the upswing again.

Happy New Years to you all.  Here's to many good things in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment