Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sam!

Sam turned two today:( sniff, sniff. I still do have a few hours of him officially being one, as he was actually not born until 11:12 p.m. I really don't need to get upset about until tomorrow, right?
Sam had a great birthday weekend. We had lots of family and friends here to celebrate. He was even lucky enough for "Elmo" to make an appearance at his party. I think Elmo become much too real for Sam when he showed up to his party. I don't think he really envisioned Elmo being adult sized in real life (I don't know if any of us really do, but hey that is the only costume they had for rent). Sam now talks like he enjoyed Elmo being there but he was definitely not too keen on him at the time. When he showed up to the party Sam clung tightly to me, would not hug him but he did not take his eyes off him the entire time he was there. It was like he did not trust that crazy red monster for a second. Finally, he started telling Elmo, "Elmo, go bye-bye" over and over until Elmo finally decided it was best to leave. Oh well, we got some funny video that I am sure he will enjoy watching in a few years.
Here is a little clip of Sam from today. I will post more party pics in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment