Monday, December 15, 2008

Book worm




Sam has recently acquired a bit of an attention span. I would that Sam having a love for books is an understatement. While he has always liked reading and looking at books he could never sit through a whole book until recently. Over the past few weeks he has been unloading his entire basket of about 40 books that we have in our living room for him and sitting on the couch and looking/reading them one by one. He really has a system too, if I try to put a book that he has already read into his "to be read" pile, he gets very upset. He usually lets me know with a very loud: "No, Mommy, No!".
It really has been so nice, he will sit there and read the whole time I am trying to cook dinner. I haven't had to rely on "Elmo" (Sesame Street) in a few weeks to get dinner ready. Not that he doesn't learn anything from Sesame Street but I would much rather have him reading. He does "read", well at least he names all of the pictures and remembers a few phrases in books like "Hello Fredbird" (from his Cardinals book- Hello Fredbird) and "M-I-Z Z-O-U (from his Mizzou/Hello Truman book).
As long as Santa brings a few books this Christmas, I think Sam will be a happy little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment